The Chennai Metro City Police Department has announced traffic changes starting tomorrow, Sunday, May 7th, due to the "DECATHLON 10K RUN" event organized by Decathlon Sports India Private Limited.
During the event, from 3:00 AM to 10:00 AM, the following traffic changes will be implemented:
- Vehicles coming from Adyar can proceed as usual via Thiru. Vi. Ka. Bridge, Dr D G S Dinakaran Salai, Santhome High Road, Kamarajar Salai, and the Labourers` Statue.
- Vehicles will not be allowed to move from the War Memorial to Thiru. Vi. Ka. Bridge. Instead, they will be diverted through Flag Tree Salai, Wallaja Point, and Anna Salai to reach their destination.
- Vehicles coming from R. K. Salai towards the Gandhi Statue will be diverted through the V. M. Street Junction. They can then proceed via Royappettah High Road, Luz Corner, and R. K. Mutt Road to reach their destination.
- All vehicles moving from Thiru. Vi. Ka. Bridge`s 3rd Avenue and 2nd Avenue will be diverted to take a left turn at ML Park, L B Road, and Shastri Nagar 1st Avenue.
- All vehicles coming from Thiru. Vi. Ka. Bridge, including MTC buses, should turn at M. L. Park, take a left on L. B. Road, proceed to Shastri Nagar 1st Avenue, the Shastri Nagar Bus Stop, and the 2nd Avenue-7th Avenue Junction. From there, they should turn right onto M. G. Road and L. B. Road to reach their destinations.
- Buses proceeding from Thiru. Vi. Ka. Bridge to 3rd Avenue and 2nd Avenue should turn left at M. L. Park, L. B. Road, and Shastri Nagar 1st Avenue. They should then proceed to Shastri Nagar Bus Stand, the 2nd Avenue-7th Avenue Junction, and turn right onto M. G. Road and L. B. Road to reach their destinations.
These traffic changes have been put in place to ensure the smooth conduct of the "DECATHLON 10K RUN" event. Commuters are advised to plan their routes accordingly and follow the instructions of traffic personnel deployed in the affected areas.
Please note that this information has been provided on behalf of the Chennai Metro City Police Department to facilitate a safe and organized event.