As of today, December 2nd (Saturday), during the northeast monsoon rainy season, the Department of Traffic Police of the State Government of Tamil Nadu has issued a notification regarding traffic changes in Chennai Metro City, particularly in response to Cyclone Michaung.
Here is the current status report from the Chennai Metro City Traffic Department:
1. Traffic Flow:
- -Vehicles are not moving smoothly in certain locations.
2. Important Traffic Changes:
- -Due to the release of water from the Puzhal reservoir, traffic is not allowed in the road section between Manjambakkam and Vadaperumbakkam.
3. Locations under Greater Chennai Corporation and Department of Highways Jurisdiction:
- -There is no rainwater stagnation in these areas that requires removal.
4. Preventive Actions and Rescue Activities:
- -The District Disaster Relief Committee`s DDRTS is actively engaged in preventive actions and rescue activities.
Subways closed due to stagnant water:
- -Rangarajapuram subway - Kodambakkam.
Fallen trees on roads:
- -No reports of fallen trees.
- -There are no reported deaths.
Drowning in rainwater stagnated areas or electrocution and required medical services:
Please stay updated with official announcements and exercise caution in the affected areas.