Kumari Palany & Co

No. of views : (5229)

Great news for the Chennai Suburban Electronic Train Passengers: Additional coaches!

Posted on: 16/Feb/2023 10:48:47 AM
Presently, most of the Chennai Metro City Suburban Electric trains from Chennai Beach-Tambaram to Chengalpattu operate with 12 coaches.

However, as for the other suburban electric trains operating between Chennai Central Thiruvallur and Gummidipoondi, 60% of the trains are operated with 12 coaches and the remaining 40% with only 7 coaches.

As such, activities have been initiated to make the 40% suburban electric trains also with 12 coaches!

In the first phase of this project, it is informed the task of widening the platforms of the stations in the route Thiruvallur-Gummidippundi have almost been completed,

Chennai Railway Administration has informed us that all the trains in this suburban electric route will be operating with 12 coaches gradually before the end of the year!