Many people depend on the suburban trains to reach their destinations in Chennai as they find it very comfortable and less expensive.
On 30th November, yesterday, the commuters were unhappy as the train services were affected. The reason for that was high tension electric wire caught fire due to a short circuit in Guduvanchery.
It was later mentioned by some railway department officials that the suburban services were not affected badly and that was due to the fact that motorists had alerted the Fire dept about the fire. The situation was brought under control.
Yesterday at about 2:30 pm in the afternoon, the power line in the railway flyover caught fire due to the suspected short circuit near Guduvanchery near Chennai. It must be noted that after receiving the alert police as well as the fire and rescue teams rushed to the spot. After struggling for half an hour, everything was brought under control. Later, some Railway officers belonging to Tambaram went to the spot and conducted an inspection.
It is noteworthy that after the fire incident Salem superfast express and a goods train heading towards Chengalpet was halted near Guduvanchery. After the engineers from Railways rectified that fault, normach came back.