KPMG in India, in association with IMC, has today launched a report titled "5G driving the next growth wave for Digital India" at the India Mobile Congress 2022. This report provides a roadmap to organisations in ICT sector to re-purpose, re-engineer and re-position their offerings for an increasingly complex and demanding enterprise world. It also offers recommendations for a successful 5G roadmap and implementation.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE REPORT:
- Approx. 50 per cent of Indian enterprises point towards increased budgets, especially for non-time critical communications use-cases
- More than 85 per cent of enterprises across multiple sectors are expecting up to 20 per cent ROI on various 5G/industry 4.0 use-cases
- Globally almost 51 per cent of the enterprises are looking to deploy 5G in conjunction with other wired and unlicensed wireless technologies
- The top technical and operational business challenges envisaged for deploying 5G in India are network integration with legacy networks, faster technological changes (or low adaptability in a multi-vendor ecosystem), proving ROI and timelines and inconsistent network infrastructure
- Targeting efficiency, quality management and new revenue models are prime areas where 5G is expected to be deployed by enterprises