The Greater Chennai Traffic Police has released a press statement regarding the upcoming IPL matches scheduled to be held at the MA Chidambaram Stadium on May 10th, May 14th, May 23rd, and May 24th, 2023. In order to ensure smooth traffic flow during these matches, several temporary traffic changes have been implemented.
Effective from half an hour before the end of each match, the following alterations will be in place:
- Vehicles exiting the War Memorial will be directed to their destinations via Kodimaram Road, passing through Wallaja Point.
- Vehicles approaching from Gandhi statue towards laborers will be diverted near Gandhi statue and can proceed to their destinations via RK road.
- At Labor Statue, vehicles will be prohibited from heading towards Walaja Road and will be redirected towards Kannagi Statue.
- Near Anna Statue, vehicles will not be allowed to proceed towards Wallaja Road and will be diverted towards Wellington Point & Periyar Statue.
- At the junction of Bharti Road and Bells Road, vehicles will be diverted away from Bells Road and rerouted via Kannagi Idol or Ratna Cafe junction.
- At Peta Point, outbound vehicles will be restricted from making a "U" turn. Instead, vehicles can continue up to Wellington Point, where they can take a right turn onto Tames Road towards Spencer Junction.
Motorists and the general public are kindly requested to cooperate with these traffic changes for the smooth execution of the matches.