The Legislative Assembly elections for 3 states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Puducherry are scheduled to be conducted tomorrow (Tuesday, 6th April) in a single phase. Especially, elections are being held in all the 234 Legislative Assembly Constituencies in the State of Tamil Nadu.
The voting is set to commence at 7.00 PM in all the polling booths and will conclude at 7.00 PM.
2585 men, 411 women, and 2 3rd Gender candidates are contesting the above elections in the 234 Legislative Assembly Constituencies.
With the above scenario, the Election Commission has emphasised certain guidelines to the voters!
Here are the guidelines emphasised by the elections Commission for the 2021 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Elections:
- ALL VOTERS MUST WEAR FACE MASKS!
- THEY MUST ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- They MUST carry their new voter IDS. The voters who do not have voter IDs starting with eh 3 letters FFG or ZVA (English Alphabets) can show their Aadhar cards or 11 other identity proofs.
- Voters must apply sanitisers before voting.
- Voters must wear the given gloves (for the right hand) after the body temperature test is taken.
- The voters need to show the ‘Booth Slip’ to the 1st Election Officer. Once verification is done, the voter needs to sign in to the 17A register. After this, an indelible mark will be fixed on the left-hand index finger. Then, the voter has to receive the given voter slip and submit the same to the 3rd Election Officer.
- When pressing the elected contestant, a ‘beep’ sound will be heard and a red light will come on adjacent. Also, the VVPAD equipment will show the symbol of the party/contestant voted will appear for 7 seconds. This is the confirmation that voting has been done!
- Once coming out of the polling booth, remove the right glove and throw it in the dustbin kept outside the polling booth.
- Note that only the Chief Polling Booth Officer is allowed to carry a cell phone. OTHERWISE, NO ONE ELSE - VOTERS, AGENTS, ETC., - ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A CELL PHONE!
In case affected by fever symptoms with higher body temperature or in case suffering from coronavirus infection, or if remaining isolated in your residence, you can visit the booth alone from 6.30 PM to 7.00 PM, wear the corona protection clothes given and then vote!