These days, many of us use the internet for various purposes and it is true that the internet has become part and parcel of our lives.
The Internet is being used for work, studying, entertainment, communication etc is well known. It is really shocking to mention here that many of us unwittingly or consciously share our personal information to the websites we visit often. The information we provide the websites might also be used in a wrong way and this would cause several issues for us.
While using a personal computer/PC or an android for browsing, we can request the websites not to track our personal information. Truth is that we could make Do Not Track requests to the websites we visit.
Procedure for sending Do Not Track request from PC:
- First, we must open the computer and then open the Google Chrome web browser on the device
- Next, we must click the three dot buttons present at the extreme top right right hand side of the screen
- Then we must select the setting options must be selected from the drop down menu
- From the drop down menu, we must find privacy and security settings option and then we must turn click on the cookies and other site data option
- With the browsing traffic on or off, we must click the Do Not Track request
- It is important to note that enabling do not track requests means the request would be included with the browsing traffic.
Procedure for sending Do Not Track request from an Android mobile:
- First, we must open the android phone and Google Chrome web browser on the device
- On the extreme top right hand side of the screen, 3 dots would be there and we must click the 3 dot option
- The we must click on the settings option
- From the drop down menu, we must find the privacy and settings options
- We must click Do Not Track option and switch the settings on
- Point to be noted is that when we browse on android devices or computers etc we can send a request to the websites not to collect our browsing data.