Yummy, healthy masala buttermilk - so ideal for scorching summer!
· Water – 1 cup
· Coriander leaves (chopped – 2 teaspoons
· ‘Mormilagai’ - green chilies seasoned with buttermilk and dried in the sun) – 1
· Salt – as required
· For sautéing: oil – 1 teaspoon, mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
· For grinding – Green chili -1/2, Curry leaves – 2, ginger – 1” piece
· Add the curd in a wide vessel and whisk thoroughly.
· Add water and salt and keep aside.
· Grind green chili, curry leaves, and ginger to a fine paste in a mixie.
· Mix the ground paste well in the buttermilk!
· Keep a frying pan on the stove and switch on. Add oil, once hot, add mustard and allow crackling, and then adding the mormilagai and fry. Remove the fried mormilagai, break into small pieces and add in the buttermilk. Add the sautéed items. Add chopped coriander leaves and salt and mix well!
Yummy and healthy buttermilk is ready!