It was earlier called the Microsoft Lync Server. It is a unified communications platform where the conventional channels of business communication, online meetings, and instant messaging, voice over, voice email, file transfer, web or video conferencing are all integrated.
This Skype for Business can easily be implemented on premises in both cloud as well as hybrid services. This can be operated on Windows OS, Android phones, Apple iOS and tablets alike. This can be easily configured in Lync Server 2013. This is often called by other names like S4B, SFB, SfB or Skype4B.
This can be used separately or belonging to Office 365 application suite. Itís present as on-premises server called Skype for Business Server or cloud-based service called Skype for Business Online.
The Microsoft Teams is a software that works on cloud. This has got same kind of capabilities like that of Skype for Business. It has got add-on features like PSTN calling and conferencing.
- It includes Enhanced 911 (E911) and persistent chat which is a discussion session based on topic
- It supports HD video and audio for up to 250 people and offers enterprise-level technical support
- This is also a part of Office 365 Enterprise plans E1, E3, E5 and K1
- Through Polycom RealConnect, it provides interoperability using Polycom video conferencing
- Users can conduct Skype for Business for conducting sessions using Polycom and Cisco video conferencing endpoints