Many fitness geeks are now looking for low carb or no carb foods. Here is a great way to replace the carb filled potato with the healthy cauliflower.
Ingredients (for about 4 servings)
- 8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ⅓ cup nonfat milk
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives or spring onion greens for garnish
1.Place cauliflower florets and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place florets and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes.)
2. Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add milk, 2 teaspoons oil, butter, salt and pepper; pulse several times, then process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garnish with chives, if desired. Serve hot.